Task Manager 2014 is a complete ground-up re-write of Task Manager 2008 incorporating all the best features of the old version and a bunch of new ones. TM2014 is built around the Coal Log logging standard and can convert old TM2008 logs on the fly to the new standard.
Some of the differences between TM2008 and TM20014 are:
- A sleek new user interface using a more traditional MDI (Multiple Document Interface) design with better interaction and communication between various parts of the application.
- Improved options for displaying geophysics curves, customisable options including line style, width, colour plus various options for smoothing or exaggerating curves. Plus, TM2014 displays every curve in the LAS file, not just the ones we predefined in TM2008.
- A single rendering engine sits behind the scenes generating graphic logs, brightness profiles and cross sections. So all the customisation you use for graphic logs can be applied everywhere. TM2008 had seperate rendering engines for each function so options varied between them and wasn’t always consistent.
- Integrated mapping using DotSpatial displays your boreholes in their true location with support for displaying standard file formats such as .shp and .dxf files.
- Cross Section generator is now more user editable, i.e. once you’ve created a cross section you can drag things around or turn them on/off such as bore holes, labels and correlations. In fact, everything on the screen is an object that can be manipulated to create better looking sections.
- We’ve removed all dependancies on third party applications such as Microsoft Office, MapInfo and Adobe Acrobat. TM2014 can now read and write Excel files directly and create PDF files all by itself…and faster!
Great software and fantastic support (in reply to LinkedIn post)
Been learning how to use Taskmanager 2014… Awesome front end geological software… Been crying out for something like this one for years… Intuitive graphical interface and great to use… I’m sold (via LinkedIn)
Measured Group Pty Ltd
Epsoft, through its proprietary software Task Manager (TM) has provided professional geological data management solutions for Peabody Energy for over 10 years. During this time Epsoft has demonstrated a professional, client-driven work ethic and has led the industry standard for quality, efficiency and price.
The TM program is now being used throughout the company and has replaced previously well-known (more expensive) software systems due to its ease and simplicity of use and assisted Peabody in delivering on time and cost-effective solutions for our exploration data requirements.
Whether you are managing a small exploration program from the field or running an operational mine site, TM has the capacity to handle hole corrections, data validation and cross-section plotting in a simple and efficient manner. TM has assisted with reduced data management fatigue and assisted in delivering 1,000 days LTI free for the Exploration Department.
Peabody Energy Australia
We use Task Manager for our coal exploration project as it provides simple, accurate logs at a touch of a button. The graphics log can be easily matched to geophysical correlations and the entire log can be dropped into a geological report. The dictionary editor is very adaptable and we have used it to create bespoke geological definitions and codes describing the northern hemisphere coals. The validation process is simple to use and the entire package is easy to learn and apply. Overall, the package is a great field logging tool.
West Cumbria Mining Limited
Rob and Epsoft have been a critical part of Xtra Insights for over a decade. Simply, Xtra would not be where it is today without Rob. He is not a service provider, he’s a solution provider. His knowledge, ability to assess your specific requirements, responsiveness, and motivation to find a solution to your problem provide a unique package of resources that is rare if not impossible to find anywhere. I cannot understate the value Rob & Epsoft has brought to our business and would highly recommend him to anyone seeking to be a leader in their field.
Xtra Insights Pty Ltd (Xtra Research Pty Ltd)
In the world of new market research, technology and people change so rapidly it’s hard to find technologies that can keep up.
At SCA we do research for a wide range of customers internally and externally, so our research tools need to able to be customised and flexible to meet every new project. Expressions is that tool for us. We’ve put so many different projects through it over the years and Expressions has managed to make them all easier and more seamless to analyse and provide real insights almost at the push of a button.
Southern Cross Austereo
Check out our other software solutions at http://epsoft.com.au